Yatton & Cleevebattle to improbable win.

When the ref  asks you ‘how in the world did you lose that?’ you know its been a strange game. Having played some good football to be 2 – 1 up and in total control, playing down hill with the wind, with Yatton struggling with two injuries and a switch of goal keeper, with 20 minutes left Wrington were on course for a good win. However, the game swung on a low goal kick which landed at Josh Gibbs’ feet who expertly controlled and fired into the empty net. This was harsh on keeper James Vowles who had  a tremendous game making several fine saves and distributing well.Up until then, Wrington had dominated and Yatton were hanging on. The home side created a host of good positions but couldn’t find the final ball or option to produce many clear cut chances. Against the elements in the first half Wrington started brightly with Dave Valle and the impressive Fin Taplin finding space on the right and Clements and Curtis wide on the left. Edmunds and Betts were controlling the middle of the park and spreading the ball nicely. Although against the elements, it was a surprise when Wrington went behind, giving the ball away in midfield, Josh Gibbs sprinted clear to finish expertly.. The Home team had to work hard to get back into the game and needed a superb free kick from Micky Edmunds who rifled a drive into the top corner to get back on terms.
Level at half time and with everything in their favour, Wrington again started brightly in the second half and produced a well worked goal to take the lead. Curtis again fed Clements who used Marshall’s dummy run to feed in Johnson who raced clear and curled his shot Into the bottom corner. With injuries meaning Josh Harris had to go in goal on one leg  having pulled a hamstring Yatton showed great character to hang on as Wrington hardly let them out of their half. In fact Harris made several crucial saves to keep them in the game until they equalised against the run of play. Wrington pushed forward but with Steve Owen and Josh Gibbs up front Yatton we’re always dangerous. Some sloppy defending led to a corner which Wrington failed to clear and unbelievably they were behind. Worse was to follow as an Owen free kick cross, stalled on the strong wind and curled wickedly  in off the crossbar to add to their lead. Totally deflated and charging forward, the inevitable breakaway left curtis with three Yatton forwards to cover on his own and everyone staring at each other wondering how the game had slipped away. 
Wrington: James Vowles,Fin Taplin,Dean Rix, Nick Curtis,Dave Valle,Mick Edmunds,Jake Betts,Mike Clements, James Marshall, Tommy Johnson.
Yatton: Ash Reynolds,Neil Anslow,Dom Roads,Harry Summerill,Nick Baker,Josh Harris,Taro Viner,Simon Tarr,Steve Owen,Josh Gibbs,Mark Williams:  Mike Taylor,Dan Dell