Premier & 1st Division cup

This was a hard fought cup match on a heavy pitch after much overnight rain, early on Wrington Redhill earned a free kick just outside of the penalty area when Michak O’Connor was brought down but Callum Vickery shot over. The home team took the lead on 20 minutes when a clearing header from Leigh White’s free kick fell to Vickery just outside the box who’s immaculate 1st touch set him nicely to despatch a shot into the top corner past goalkeeper Lewis. Stockwood almost equalised 2 minutes later when a corner was volleyed and looked goal bound until Leigh White headed it off the line. Wrington Redhill went 2 up when a White corner was met perfectly by Mike Rowcliffe who’s powerful header found the back of the net. Soon after Shak (Michak O’Connor) limped off with a hamstring injury giving substitute Daniel Caulfield chance to show what he could do and he certainly did with a barnstorming game, winning tackles and headers all over the pitch. On 43 minutes Stockwood were back in the game when winger Cox cut inside Adam Caulfield and unleashed a powerful shot that beat goalkeeper Matt Hill and went in off the post. The last 2 minutes of the half were frenetic to say the least with both goalkeepers in action. First Wrington’s Hill saved from the Stockwood no 9 Tainton who must have thought his close range effort was going in. Then at the other end Stockwood’s keeper Matt Lewis saved bravely diving at the feet of Vickery who was through on goal.
Stockwood almost equalised early in the 2nd half when Tainton headed a left wing cross just over the bar from close range. On 65 minutes the home team almost went further ahead when a cross come shot from Chris Holland bounced just wide. Soon after thank to some good exchanges with Vickery Jake Horton was through on goal but shot weakly straight at Lewis. Wrington Redhill thought they’d won a penalty when Vickery went over in the box but referee Andy Murphy had other ideas and awarded a corner. Rowcliffe almost scored his 2nd on the day for Wrington Redhill near the end but his powerful shot went straight at Lewis who saved well. In the final minutes Vickery was through on goal again only to be stopped in his tracks by a last ditch tackle from Stockwood full back Jack Davy.


Goalkeeper Matt Hill

Defence. Adam Caulfield Sam Clements Chris Bradley Ethan Johnson

Midfield. Chris Holland Leigh White Mike Rowcliffe Michak O’Connor

Strikers. Callum Vickery Jake Horton

subs. Daniel Caulfield (for O’Connor) Simon Lee (for Horton)

Bill Gough man of the match Leigh White.