Worle Rangers 5 Wrington Redhill reserves 3

This fixture always provides lots of goals and the wind always blows on the front at Weston. Wrington played with the wind in the first half and dominated the early exchanges. Desperate for a result after a poor run, the visitors started with an attacking line up of Horton and Hodge wide,Johnson and Marshall through the middle. Marshall has a great scoring record against Worle and didn’t take him long to open his account  with a well placed header from a fine cross by Horton. With Betts and Faulkner spreading the ball about in midfield, Wrington used the wind to dominate but Worle were always a threat with Jake Mcbride denied by saves and clearances from Chris Mullens. At the other end chances came and went the best of which saw Horton shoot narrowly wide. The pressure led to another corner and it was Marshall again who got on the end of it for his second. This should have put them in control but it was Worle who seemed to gain control of the midfield and started winning more of the second balls. Dan Sandic sprung the offside trap and pulled the ball back for Mcbride to tap in a crucial goal. Considering the elements, a slender one goal lead was not enough and as half time approached it took some Quick thinking by Jonny Marsh from a free kick to tee up Betts whose cross once again found Marshall who turned provider on this occasion as Hodge headed in.

Straight from the second half kick off, the visitors had a golden opportunity to increase their lead   With Betts releasing Johnson but his shot and follow ups by Horton and Marshall were blocked before Hodge blasted over the bar. This proved the height of Wringtons’ challenge. Matt Wilsons brave challenge saw him leave the pitch with blood streaming from his nose to be replaced by Jim Owen. This meant a formation change as they went for a back three. Wrington failed to react to this change and with Worle dominating the mid field chances began to come at regular intervals. Admittedly, it did take a wicked bounce to beat the diving Mullens from  a speculative Sandic shot to get them going. Dinham’s long throws were also particularly dangerous in the wind and from one of these,Josh Randall’s powerful header levelled the scores. Wrington sent on Taplin and Andrews to shore up the defence but with the pressure growing and unable to find a release, Chris Howard and Owen raced through to take the lead and then settle the match in quite a turn around.