Selkirk 3 Wrington Redhill reserves 0

After a narrow last minute defeat to Lodway last time out, Wrington needed a result to keep them in the mix whilst Selkirk could leap frog their opponents and still have games in hand with a win. In very blustery conditions, Selkirk played with the elements in the first half and used them to good effect dominating the early exchanges. The Wrington defence that looked so solid recently, struggled with the movement of the Bracey brothers and the variable wind. A mixture of near misses and Chris Mullins in the Wrington goal kept the scores level. If anything the strengthening wind made it difficult for the visitors to get out of their half or their forwards to get any control. As well as the elements, the home side were winning all the 50/ 50 balls and one such challenge released Wes Bracey whose low shot put Selkirk ahead. Finally, Wrington strung some passes together and released Jake Horton down the left and his cross seemed destined to reach James Marshall or Dan Burnett to convert only for the two to converge and somehow lift the ball over the bar. As the half approached Wrington would have been happy to have conceded just the one goal but will be disappointed that a long ball aided by the wind found its way all the way to Dan Bracey who lobbed Mullins to double their lead. The visitors did rouse themselves and forced two corners, the first of which pin balled around the box before Jordon Allen could clear.

With the elements now in their favour and Flynn and Holland replacing Clements and the injured Burnett, Wrington did improve but failed to convert any pressure into chances and it took Horton 20 minutes into the second half before he delivered Wringtons first shot on goal. The wind seemed to veer slightly and died a little which made the football easier and the game became stretched. Mason Hodge grew into the game and was a threat on Wringtons right but they lost Jake Betts to injury and their challenge faded. As they pushed forward Selkirks breaks became more and more threatening and a last ditch tackle by Rix allowed Josh Collins to expertly convert the penalty which settled the score at 3 –  nil.