Nailsea & Tickenham Reserves 3Wrington Redhill 0

The first half of this game ended in controversial circumstances with just two minutes to go when the Nailsea team were awarded a penalty which resulted in player/manager Leigh White and Ollie Clements fell foul of the new rule adopted this season and found themselves being banished to the dugout ‘sin bin’ for 10 minutes. When the altercation settled down Jake Murray stepped up and fired into the net past Matt Hill for a half time 1-0 lead.

Prior to that the game was even although Nailsea did create the better goal scoring opportunities. For Wrington Redhill Callum Vickery saw his tight angled shot collected by the home ‘keeper Ryan Scott having been set up by Ethan Williams. A couple of corners for Nailsea followed with Hill clearing the danger and then White headed away. Hill was in action again smothering the ball with George Mallett advancing towards goal. Another chance fell to Vickery but his shot was again saved by Scott.

The second period started in more controversy. Starting with only 9 players as White and Clements were still in the ‘sin bin’ Ethan Williams received two yellow cards and sent off following delaying a Nailsea free kick by not moving away quickly enough and then what appeared to be a normal game tackle. For a few more minutes Wrington Redhill were reduced to 8 players on the pitch and they had to defend resolutely during this time.

The ‘sin binned’ players returned after what appeared an eternity and Adam Caulfield replaced Jason Potter. Nailsea extended their lead in the 60th minute when a corner ballooned off a body in the box straight to James Seeley who headed the ball into the net. The visitors responded with Simon Hewish getting to the bi-line and finding Vickery in the box, twisted and turned and his strike just flew past a post. Jake Horton replaced Ryan Pugh and soon got into the game causing the home defence problems. Hewish made a further run into the box but closed down when about to attempt his shot at goal.

Adam Caulfield intercepted a ball in midfield and got past the defence but his long range effort went over the cross bar. Ben Sheppard had a similar intervention but was closed down quickly. Nailsea were awarded another late penalty but on this occasion Hill saved well form Murray’s second attempt of the game. However it was the home side that completed the scoring when Nick Walker found space on the edge of the box and fired past Hill for a 3-0 win. Almost on the final whistle Vickery fed Horton who cut inside the penalty area and his shot saved by Scott.

Wrington Redhill man of the match was awarded to Matt Hill

GK, Matt Hill

Defence: Ollie Clements, Jason Potter, Ethan Johnson, Ryan Pugh

Midfield: Callum Vickery, Leigh White, Simon Hewitt, Ben Sheppard,

Forwards: Ethan Williams, Joe Creese

Subs: Callum Briggs (Not used), Adam Caulfield (for Jason Potter), Jake Horton (for Ryan Pugh)