Saturday 31st August 2015

Nailsea United v Wrington Redhill

Wrington Travelled to Nailsea United for this Bank Holiday Monday fixture and completed there 5 away fixtures in style winning all three points.

Manager Smith got his troops fired up from the off and kicking down the slope opened the scoring on four minutes.

A cross was swung over from the right and Cheeseman rose highest to head towards goal where it seemed to be a simple matter of the keeper collecting the header. But somehow the home keeper failed to hold the tame header and the ball ended up in the back of the Nailsea net. 0-1

With the slope Wrington maintained control and on 13 minutes a good run and cross by Jake Murray was missed by all the advancing Wrington forwards to keep the score at 0-1.

Then on 25 minutes Wrington deservedly doubled their advantage. The ball was played up to Cheeseman who headed the ball on for the ever willing run of Liam Knight. Knight slipped the ball past the home centre back and as the keeper came to meet him coolly slipped the ball under his body for the second goal.0-2

Nailsea then began to come into the game and a number of long throws put pressure on the Wrington defence.

It from from one such throw that Nailsea scored. A long throw from the left into the Wrington box was flicked on by Jim Lee and neatly volleyed in at the near post by the Nailsea forward. 1-2

The game was a physical affair with a number of players on both sides being booked.

On 38 minutes a good Wrington move down the Nailsea right led to cross flicked on by Cheeseman, like a flash Chris Bradley was on to it and his snap shot from the edge of the box just cleared the bar.

A minute later Wrington increased their lead. Wrington won a free kick, Callum Chainey hit a deep cross to the far post where the ball dropped in the Nailsea six yard box following an aerial challenge by Cheeseman. The Nailsea defender attempted to smash the ball clear but only succeeded in hitting the ball into Liam Knights’  chest from where it rebounded into the Nailsea net. 1-3.

The game remained a tough encounter and half time arrived with no further goals.

At half time Smith stressed to his players the need for a swift start to the second half and his players duly obliged.

On 46 minutes Wrington won a free kick.Harry Iles sent a great deep free kick from the half way line into the Nailsea box, the ball just eluded Cheeseman and Knight but as the ball made it to the far post there was Chris Bradley to head home from close range. Everyone knew the importance of that goal as Bradley was mobbed by his teamates.1-4

Nailsea had their spells in the game with Gary Clark making a fine point blank save from a Stu Lee header and Bell hitting the crossbar with a header.

Then on 71 minutes Cheeseman was harshly sent off for a second bookable offence.

On 83 minutes Nailsea scored again. A cross from the right sent the ball into the Wrington box that the away defence failed to clear. The ball ran out to a Nailsea player on the six yard line from where he made no mistake. 2-4

The game was seen out by Wrington who maintain their unbeaten start to the season.

F/T 2-4

Manager Smith said.’ This was an excellent win against a good Nailsea side and I am delighted that we maintained our unbeaten start to the season. At the moment every area of the team is working well and that is a credit to the players and my coach Rich Lucas. We are all looking forward to getting back to ‘The Rec’ this Saturday and hope to put on a good show against Clutton for our Sponsors and Vice Presidents who will be at the game’

MOTM Lee White (Pictured): Tremendous all round performance popping up all over the pitch in both attack and defence