Wrington travelled to Yatton for their third away game of season. The home team were quickly into their stride and pressed Wrington from the start. On 3 minutes the early pressure led to a cross from the right that was met firmly by the Yatton forward who powered his header past Ben Dancey into the bottom left hand corner of the net. 1-0.

Wrington slowly began to get a foothold in the game and in the 22nd minute Neil Andow,  fired the ball past the helpless Yatton keeper only for the goal to be ruled out for offside.  Wrington were now in control and moments later Andow again found himself in space in the box.  Showing a cool head Andow finished with neat shot slotting home from 6 yards’


HT 1-1

The second half started with both sides working hard to gain the upper hand. Yattons front 3 always being capable of causing problems for the Wrington backline. However, as the half wore on Wrington again began to take control. On 66 minutes Kye Thomas was replaced by Chris Bradley . Wrington continued to press the home team and on  70 minutes Chris Holland failed to convert a good chance with a header that cleared the bar following a great cross from Sam Johnson.

On the 75th minute the hard working Andow won a free kick. Johnson stepped up and struck a powerful shot from 20 yards that the home keeper failed to hold. Lee White following up smashed the ball home from close range after winning the chase for the loose ball. 1-2

Wrington rang the changes with Mason Gardner replacing the hard working Simon Rigg on 76 minutes. On 83 minutes the excellent Jason Eaton was forced off with a calf injury to be replaced by Rich Lucas.

Wrington were now dominant as the home team began to tire and saw out the remaining 15 minutes of the game with ease.

FT 1-2

Another great result on the road for Wrington with the players giving everything to secure an excellent away win. Another tough away trip to high flying Clutton awaits the lads on Tuesday

Wrington Redhill M.O.M – Neil Andow (Pictured) for running himself into the ground!