Wrington travelled to Clutton for this evening fixture that was sure to be the sternest of tests. The game kicked off and as in the Yatton game Wrington started poorly. An early corner on 2 minutes was cleared off the line by Rory Thomas with the ball falling to Cluttons Daley whose shot from 20 yards squirmed away from Dauncey in the Wrington goal to make it 1-0 to the home side.

It looked an ominous start but as Saturday Wrington began to play themselves into the game. Wrington got their reward on 17 minutes when Kye Thomas struck a sweet strike from the edge of the box and following a slight deflection the ball ended up in the Clutton net 1-1

Wrington were now well into their stride and started to play some attractive football. On 23 minutes the tireless Andow won a free kick on the edge of the Clutton box. The returning Jake Murry took the free kick and struck the wall but a controlled sidefoot from the rebound sent the ball into the bottom right hand corner on the Clutton goal. 2-1.

Wrigton were now pressing the game and won a corner on 29 minutes. Kye Thomas crossed for Ben Murry who rose at the near post to power a header past the helpless Clutton Keeper. 3-1

On 40 minutes a rash challenge on Neil Andow resulted in the referee sending the Clutton defender off.

HT 1-3

The second half started and Andow  immediately latched onto a poor back pass that he expertly took around the keeper to continue his hot streak of goal scoring. 1-4

This should have been the end of the game but to their credit 10 man Clutton kept themselves in the game and on 58 minutes Moore scored for the home side following another deflected shot. 2-4

Soon after Andow had another great chance to score but the Clutton keeper made a good close range save.

On 74 minutes Graham Cheeseman was sent off following a strong (most people thought fair) tackle.

This encouraged Clutton forward but the  centre midfield pairing of Rowcliffe and White gave good protection to the excellent Wrington back four.However, on 82 minutes Parsons scored for Clutton setting up a nervous final  10 minutes.3-4

Wrington stayed tight and saw the game out to record and excellent away win.

A game in truth that should have been easy at 1-4 but that somehow the team made hard for themselves. Something that our excellent coach Mr Lee Probert (Coaching Level 235) will no doubt be looking at…Always room for improvements.

Manager Alan Smith praised his players after the game for their ‘Hard work and commitment so far this season’.

We have no game this Saturday so a reminder to all those that are around that we need help putting up the barrier around the pitch. 9.00am start with bacon butties and tea for all the workers

Our next game is another easy one away to Frome Collegians on Bank Holiday Monday.

Thanks again to the supporters who travelled to the game and hopefully see you all at Frome on Monday.

MOM – Lee White Mike Rowcliffe (Pictured) (after fierce debate we couldn’t split them)

Up the Redskins