Wrington Redhill never really got going against bottom of the table Wells despite recent good form. City opened the scoring on 15 minutes when they broke down the right wing and a low cross was met perfectly by Nathan Rendell who gave Matt Hill in the Wrington Redhill goal no chance from 12 yards. Wrington Redhill almost equalised straight after but Jake Horton’s right wing cross was just too high for Chris Bradley who was un-marked at the far post. Just after that Harrison Veale in the Wells goal dropped Leigh White’s free kick but the ball was scrambled clear before Mike Faires could react. On the half hour Wrington Redhill equalised when a cross from Leigh White was headed into the Wells net by either a Wells defender or Wrington’s Horton. The Wrington supporters decided it must be Horton who could and probably should have given the them the lead straight but his delicate effort from an acute angle was just wide. Just before half time things started to go wrong for Wrington Redhill. On 42 minutes the Wells centre forward Jordan Strode-Walton was put through and crashed a close range effort into the roof of the net from a tight angle. Then, right on half time there was an innocuous looking scuffle between Well’s Steve Emery and the visitors Sam Clements resulting in a booking for Emery and a straight red for Clements.
Despite this set-back Wrington Redhill started the 2nd half brightly with Chris Bradley shooting wide when well placed and Callum Vickery’s long range effort just drifting wide. With time slipping away the visitors started throwing caution to the wind in search of an equaliser resulting in more chances for Wells to hit them on the break. With Mike Rowcliffe pushing forward and full backs Chris Holland and Ethan Johnson constantly looking to attack down the flanks Sam Johnson was often left as a lone defender. Twice Wrington Redhill goalkeeper Mat Hill saved in one on one contests firstly from Strode-Walton then from Sheppard when they were through on goal. He was eventually beaten when he blocked a shot from Vowles only for it to fall at the feet of Rendell who scored unchallenged. Wells rounded off their perfect day in the final minute when Rendell recieved the ball un-marked in the Wrington Redhill box and his powerful shot went in off the post.


Goalkeeper Matt Hill

Defence. Chris Holland SamJohnson Sam Clements Ethan Johnson

Midfield Chris Bradley Leigh White  Mike Rowcliffe Mike Faiers

Strikers Callum Vickery Jake Horton.

Subs Umar Nyanzi (for Faiers) Anthony Badman (for Horton)

Wrington Redhill man of the match Matt Hill