A busy midweek for the first team with games on Tuesday and Thursday. The first was the return fixture with Stockwood Green who had defeated their visitors on the previous Saturday. Manager Graham Cheeseman had to swap his side around again due to unavailable players due to work commitments, injury and illness whereas the hosts were able to field an almost identical side.

Reverting back to a 4-4-2 line up and a change in personnel it took a little while to settle down and Stockwood took the lead on10 minutes with a strike from Ben Garland which ironically was the first shot of the game. Garland’s next strike was saved by Matt Hill and at the other end an Ollie Clements free kick was adjudged to be handled by a fellow player snuffing out any chance to draw level. It was certainly not one way traffic and a good passing movement involving ‘Dutch’ Holland, Jake Horton and Sam Clark ended with a shot just wide. Mark Brown released Horton again on the right and his cross was met by Clark whose effort was saved by a defender. On the stroke of half time Ollie Clements free kick went over the woodwork.

Just after half time the injury struggling Sam Clements was replaced by Jack Board. Horton sent a distant shot over the crossbar and for Stockwood Lee Millard shot wide. Clark was booked after giving the referee some advice and shortly after Tom Phillips was lucky to receive only a yellow card for a two footed challenge on Ollie Clements who himself was booked for a late challenge shortly after.

Stockwood kept pressing but the defence superbly led by Leigh White with timely tackles and positioning looked as if it would hold out from conceding further goals. It was not to be when just minutes from the end in a frantic goal area melee of players Jake James somehow looped the ball over everyone and ended up in the net for a 2-0 final score line.

GK, Matthew Hill
Defence, Sam Clements, Leigh White, Chris Holland, Ethan Johnson
Midfield, Mark Brown, Joe Moore, Ollie Clements, Chris Bradley, Joe Moore
Forwards, Jake Horton, Sam Clark
Subs: Jack Board (for Sam Clements)

Man of the match was awarded to Leigh White