Hutton reserves 6 Wrington Redhill reserves 2
Hutton continued their good home form but this was a thoroughly deflating loss for Wrington who started the season with lots of players and hopes of competing strongly this year. However, for the first quarter, Wrington matched and even edged the home side playing some good passing football. But two brilliantly taken goals by Jake Paxton changed the match and Wrington never recovered. However well taken, both should have been prevented. The first resulting from a poor pass when moving out of defence and the second when the whole defence switched off. Firstly Paxton turned too easily and then no one reacted to his over hit cross. Tozer retrieved the ball and his brilliant cross was expertly headed in. Wrington had their chances to respond and Curtis thought he had done so but his header was brilliantly tipped over the bar by the leaping Fosdyke. Johnson escaped down the right but with Curtis and Selman both free in the box his shot was cleared. Similarly Johnson fed in Clements whose cross/shot sliced over the bar with Curtis well placed.

The visitors were further disrupted when Betts couldn’t shake off an injury resulting in a reshuffle with Mark Scudamore filling in at centre back at half time. Before they could settle into a new system, another loose pass out of defence gave Corey Farr the chance to extend the lead to three nil. This resulted in another switch as Wrington threw on an extra forward in James Marshall. Marshall had an instant impact using his strength to muscle into the box and win a penalty which Johnson converted. There were brief thoughts of a comeback but these were snuffed out when Paxton completed his hat trick from the penalty spot following an unfortunate handball but only after a retake as players encroached into the box. Hutton were now rampant as Wrington faded and a cool finish by sub Danny Bamsy and a tap in by Jack Busby after rattling the cross bar. Johnson responded with his second (retaken) penalty but it was scant consultation.