Banwell Reserves 3 Wrington Redhill reserves 3

It seems a difficult period for reserve teams and both Banwell and Wrington Redhill had to work hard to put together competitive teams with Wrington Redhill welcoming three debutants and the returning Jonny Burnett in goal. Daniel Foan couldn’t have made a better start as from the kick off, he pressured the Banwell defence into an instant mistake and his low cross was turned into his own net by the unlucky Alex Macaulay. With the early momentum, Wrington dominated the first quarter with Foan and Nico Anderson testing Joe Legg in the Banwell goal. Chris Holland and Joe Moore were dominating the midfield and a fine passing move saw another chance for Moore this time who shot narrowly wide. Wrington Redhill lost Mark Skudamore with a turned ankle with Nick Curtis seamlessly moving to centre back and Banwell also brought on Aaron Honeywell as a replacement in defence. Wrington seemed comfortable but the momentum changed when the impressive Henry Smith escaped down the left and as he skipped into the box went down under a soft challenge to win a penalty. Despite a few psychological fun and games he duly dispatched the penalty with minimum fuss and Banwell were level. This seemed to knock the stuffing out of the visitors for a while as half time approached.Hi

Wrington Redhill seemed to have rediscovered their composure in the second half. Tom Cleeves was dominant at centre half with Max Brean pushing forward from Left Back and Jackson Cook lively on the wing. However, Dylan Lyons broke down the Banwell left and won a corner. A perfect delivery saw Aaron Honeywell power in a header from close range.

The visitors now had to push forward but when Smith broke again to put the home side 3 – 1 up the game seemed to be won. However as Banwell tired, Charlie Mott and Ryan Higgs were thrown on up front and Holland drove on the visitors and set up a grandstand finish with a low curling shot into the bottom corner. Jackson Cook set up Ryan Higgs for what he thought was the equalizer but this was ruled out for hand ball. Wrington also had a good penalty appeal turned down and Nico Anderson rattled the cross bar with a free kick before Charlie Mott finally equalised from close range.

With Banwell now down to 10 men Wrington pushed for the win but in the end a draw seemed a fair result.