Wrington Redhill 4 Street reserves 0
It was good to be back at the Recreation Ground for the first home game of the season having played the first five games away. The pitch looked in excellent condition and a warm and sunny day was the set up for an afternoon’s entertainment for the assembled spectators.
It took however 30 minutes for Wrington and Redhill to get into their stride getting used to the Street line-up formation which made it hard to produce any sort of usual rhythm to their game. The hosts began getting on top as the half was concluding and the best effort came from an Ethan Williams shot which struck a post. For all Street’s work rate, they never threatened James William’s goal and the half ended 0-0.
There was a transformation after the break. The home side started with much more intensity and aggression and were closing down their opponents much quicker and winning the ball higher up the pitch putting pressure on the Street defence. As a result, Jack Hutchings beat the last defender and curved the ball round Keelan Charlton into the far corner of the net. This goal added to the impetus of the team and the influential Sam Parkinson took control of the central midfield area prompting more attacking moves.
The second goal came from a superb individual attack from the young Hutchings. On a run into the box, he gave two defenders the slip and then slotted the ball into the opposite corner with aplomb. It was no surprise that this purple patch of play was capped by Hutchings completing his hat trick. Reece Ferguson-Obamwonyi played a delightful ball in Hutchings’s path and then nonchalantly fired into goal to great celebration.
The hosts weren’t finished yet adding another spectacular goal. This time Ferguson-Obamwonyi picked up the ball on the halfway line and raced down the right flank before cutting in and jinking past 3 defenders before cooly sliding the ball past the goalkeeper
Other key moments of the game were a penalty shout when Rory Thomas was fouled in the box but as he stayed on his feet no award was made. Street keeper Keelan Charlton had a rush of blood to the head as substitute Joe Creese who made a good impact on the game broke loose on the left flank when Charlton charged out of his area and scythed Creese almost in half nowhere near getting the ball. The red card was immediately shown by referee Paul Brown who had no other choice but to dismiss him. George Fake had led the line well and Dan Furguson and Ethan Johnson had dominated at the heart of the home defence.
Wrington Redhill’s keeper James Williams was a virtual spectator until a very late rally from Street when they threw players forward in numbers, but Williams made two good saves to ensure another clean sheet to cap a thoroughly competent all round second half performance lifting the team into second spot in the league.

Wrington Redhill’s Player of the Match award went to Jack Hutchings for his scintillating hat trick.

Goalkeeper: James Williams
Defence: Si Hewish, Dan Ferguson, Ethan Johnson, Rory Thomas
Midfield: Ollie Clements, Sam Parkinson, Ethan Williams, Reece Ferguson-Obamwonyi
Forwards: Jack Hutchings, George Fake

Substitutes: Chris Bradley (for Ollie Clements), Joe Creese (for George Fake), Matt Walsh (for Ethan Williams)