GK Matthew Hill

Defence Callum Briggs Sam Johnson Ethan Johnson Paul Faulkner

Midfield William Perry Chris Bradley Leigh White Michak O’Connor

Forwards Callum Vickery Louis Rouvrais

Subs. Umar Nyanzi (for Perry) Kieren White

This was another fixture where changes to the line up were enforced due to the absence of key players. However debutants Matthew Hill in goal and 16 year old William Perry both gave solid performances which bodes well for the future.

As in previous games the team started well and competing well. Hengrove took the lead about 15 minutes from the start from a corner. The ball seemed to ricochet off defenders’ heads and
eventually rebounded off the head of Mickey Parson for a bit of a fluky goal. Wrington and Redhill kept their heads up and had a number of chances to score with Callum Vickery’s free kick going over the bar, Michak O’Connor twice weaving into the penalty area but not getting the final shot away and crosses from Callum Briggs one over the bar the other headed wide by Chris Bradley.

As so often happens Hengrove broke away on a swift counter attack in the 40th minute and Brandon Broomfield delicately chipped the ball over the advancing Hill for a 2-0 lead. However
Wrington and Redhill again took the game to the home team and on the stroke of half time were awarded a free kick near the left touchline. Captain Leigh White sent the ball into the box and
Bradley this time was on target with a firm header.

The pattern of the second half was pretty much the same with O’Conner and Callum Vickery running at the home team defence on numerous occasions but just missing the final ball to
take the lead. With half an hour to go Umar Nyanzi came on for the tiring Perry who had given his all in his first appearance for the Club. Five minutes later Hengrove extended their lead when Parsons
headed over Hill from another free kick.

Still Wrington and Redhill did not give up with Whitey shooting over the bar before Louis Rouvrais converted a strike on goal and with 10 minutes remaining went all out to get what would have been a well deserved equaliser. Manager Grahame Cheeseman changed to 3 at the back and pushed Ethan Johnson to spearhead the forward line which caused a few late problems for the host side. A long range
effort from Bradley was well saved and the game ended 3-2 to Hengrove.

All in all this was an improved performance from the last two games and if the players continue to show the same commitment and desire they can turn the corner and start picking up more points to move them up the league table.

Warrington Redhill man of the match was awarded to Shak O’Connor.